She’s a Cruiser – a bridge from the unknown to a confident cruiser (Master Class)
By and for women! This program provides two unique days of education: it’s led by Behan Gifford, who has circumnavigated with her family and extensively cruised North America’s coastline, and Nica Waters, who has spent multiple seasons cruising the Bahamas and Eastern Caribbean. Together they share a wealth of knowledge about the cruising life from different perspectives. The class is also enlightened by a range of guest speakers with additional cruising expertise.
Are you prepared to cruise? Behan, Nica, and their invited guests will answer that and many other questions with understanding, patience, and enthusiasm. They’ll fill in the gaps on how to successfully embark on the cruising life. This is primarily a classroom course, but also includes time aboard a docked boat to facilitate discussion of equipment, layout, and safety. You can ASK ANYTHING in this safe space!
The topics include:
- An introduction to cruising: with a partner, alone, or with family
- What to expect for a day on passage, a day coastal cruising, and a day in port
- Ways to build plan to meet skills and tasks to successfully depart
- Demystifying equipment and jargon
- Facing fears, breaking them down and forging ahead
The Cruising Women program is part of the Master Series Package at Cruisers University. In addition to two fabulous days in this program you get to choose from a wide variety of elective courses.