Insider Secrets for the Beginner Cruiser
Tuesday, October 10, 2023
8:15 - 9:45
You’ve taken your ASA courses, you have your boat, your charts, and your cruising guides. But what about the unwritten aspects of cruising? What about those first-day-of-school nerves?
- How do you tie up at a crowded dinghy dock?
- What do you do if someone anchors too close to you?
- How do you make friends when people are constantly arriving and departing?
- What’s a boat card? Are they really necessary?
- Is it okay to remove someone’s clothes from a washer in the laundromat?
- How do you socialize if you don’t drink alcohol? If you have dietary restrictions or food allergies?
- What’s a radio net? How could one help you?
Let cruising veteran John Herlig walk you through all these and many more in this casual introduction to the ins, outs, what’s, why’s, and how’s of the cruising community.